The Birdcage is a forum-based internet resource for people interested in or practicing Polyamory (including its subsets such as Polyfidelity, Intimate Networks, Group Marriage, Open Marriage, Mono/Poly, Triads, Quads, Vees etc.) in New York State.
Polyamory is the desire, practice, or acceptance of having more than one romantic, loving, intimate relationship at a time with the full knowledge and consent of everyone involved.
This forum has the following intended goals:
- Help strengthen and build a visible community and support system for polyamorous people and those interested in polyamory within New York State.
- Be a contact point for a range of people from poly-curious to poly-experienced who live in the state to get to know each other and to create in-person communities throughout the state.
- Foster a safe pressure-free environment in which those new to polyamory may learn and explore amongst like-minded people.
- Create a forum for open discussion of poly issues.
- Provide information and resources to the New York poly community.
- Socialize and have fun.
- Organize and gather for live in person meetings, munches, workshops, trips and other poly-centered events.
There are several email-based groups (like Yahoo and Google Groups) which cover specific areas of the state, and do it as a mailing list. This provides an alternative to them for those that prefer a forum-based approach.
We would like to cover most of New York State. We recognize that there are active poly communities in New York City and we highly recommend that those close to the city also search out those resources in addition to joining us. Please see our Local Polyamory Groups page for a few links to those.