We'd like to provide you some further reading material here. Web sites or specific articles that the Birdcage members have found useful. If you have a suggestion for an article and are a Birdcage member (and if not, why not? ;-) ) please post a link in the forums and the document administrators will get it added.
General Poly Websites
- Polyamory? What, like two girlfriends? - Franklin Veaux's (aka Tacit) articles about polyamory, including some articles about being secondaries, and polymono relationships.
- Polyamorous Percolations - All sorts of poly resources, articles and a forum.
- Young Metro Poly - Focusing on 18-35 age group and organizing poly communities.
- freaksexual - Extensive articles analyzing all sorts of aspects of poly and poly relationships.
- Miss Polyamory - Author, Coach, Speaker on Polyamory issues.
Other Poly forums
Non-local polyamory forums:
- Polyamory.Com - a forum-based polyamory community that aims to be worldwide in scope.
- Not Your Mother's Playground - "Open Relationships for Everyday Folk"
- Polyamory Weekly - Responsible monogamy from a kink-friendly, pansexual point of view.
Other sites on responsible non-monogamy
Not specifically poly, but articles about opening up marriages.
- Opening Up - Tristan Taormino's site about creating and sustaining open relationships.
- Family - A Web TV series about a poly triad living in the Northwest USA.
Poly, or poly-friendly dating sites.
- OKCupid - General dating site that has a relationship status as "available" which means "in a relationship but looking for others. This, plus various other features, makes it quite poly-friendly. Free membership.
- PMM - PolyMatchMaker - Dating site specific to polyamorous relationships. Basic (free) and Premium (fee) memberships available.
- Polyamory at the Open Directory Project - listings of polyamory-related resources.